Protection of Confidential Information
OPEN CITY MARUNOUCHI Operating Committee (hereon referred to as “the Committee”), pledges to manage and utilize personal and confidential information (hereon “Personal Information”) provided by OPEN CITY MARUNOUCHI event participants (hereon “the Participant”) during the registration process in a confidential, secure and appropriate manner, observing relevant laws and regulations.
Use of Confidential Information
Participants’ Personal Information will only be used by the Committee for the event’s operation and management including email contact to provide reservation details and changes. The Committee will notify and obtain express consent from the Participant in advance in the circumstance the Participants’ personal information is utilized for any purpose beyond those listed.
In order to operate and manage the event, the Committee will contract Third Party Organizations (hereon “Contracted Organizations”), also bound by these requirements to manage personal information with discretion and to refrain from using such personal information for any other purpose.
Scope of Use of Confidential Information
Use of personal information is limited to the Committee and Contracted Organizations.
Provision to Third Parties
The Committee and Contracted Organizations will not provide Participants’ Personal Information to external Third Parties without the Participant’s express consent, with the exemption of situations incurring legal requirements as specified in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information Article 23, Clause 1~4.
To aid the operation, management, and to provide better service to Participants, the Committee employs Contracted Organizations, which may also be required to access and manage Participants’ Personal Information. In this circumstance, the Committee will select a Contracted Organization with a reputation for discrete and secure handling of Personal Information, and require by strict contract the utmost care and security.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Where the Participant requests the disclosure of their Personal Information, and this request adheres to the laws regarding the protection of personal information, and the Committee is able to confirm that the request comes directly from the individual, the Committee will disclose the Participant’s personal information in a confidential and expedient manner. If the confirmation of the requester’s identity cannot be obtained, or the Committee is not obliged to disclose the personal information under relevant laws, the request will not be addressed.
The Committee is not responsible for the privacy stipulations regarding any websites operated by external parties that may be linked or trackbacked to the OPEN CITY MARUNOUCHI website (hereon “Website”).
The Committee is exempt from responsibility concerning any statements made or content published on the Website operated by the Committee.
Content on the Website are liable to change without notice.
OPEN CITY MARUNOUCHI Operating Committee administrative Office
Personal Information Management
(Weekdays 10:00~17:00, closed weekends and public holidays）
16th April 2018, OPEN CITY MARUNOUCHI Operating Committee
(Amended 3rd September 2018)
Terms and Conditions
Article 1（Purpose and Definitions）
- The following Terms and Conditions area put in place to establish the framework within which the OPEN CITY MARUNOUCHI Operating Committee (hereon referred to as “the Committee”) provides OPEN CITY MARUNOUCHI Event (hereon referred to as “Event”) program contents.
- The phrases referred to within these Terms and Conditions are defined as follows:
- “Applicant” refers to a person engaged in the application process of a Program operated by Service as set out in Article 3;
- “Personal Information” is defined in accordance with Act 57, Act on the Protection of Personal Information（2003）Article 2, Section 1;
- The “Participant” refers to a person who has agreed to the following terms and has completed the processes of application, registration, payment, and has since received a confirmation of registration from the Committee.
Article 2（Event Service Details）
- The program will be operated by the OPEN CITY MARUNOUCHI Operating Committee Administration Office (hereon referred to as the “Office”)
- The Office will conduct the following activities in the operation of the Event:
- Registration processes;
- Collection of participation fees;
- Operation of registration site; and
- Any related tasks
- By joining the Event, the Participant is seen to have agreed to adhere to the Terms and Conditions.
- By notifying Participants on the official Website operated by the Committee, the Committee retains the right to change or amend the Event program at any given time. Participants forsake the right to make objections in the case these changes prevent participation or otherwise cause inconvenience.
- The Committee is not responsible for any telephone or internet charges or costs incurred by the Participant during the Event or Event Services.
Article 3（Application and Registration）
- The Applicant is required to complete the specified registration process in order to participate in the Event. By completing the specified registration process, the Applicant is seen to have agreed to adhere to the Terms and Conditions.
- In the instance the Applicant is a minor, an adult ward or a person under curatorship, the Applicant is required to obtain approval by legal guardian in advance in order to register for participation.
Article 4 (Cancellation after Registration)
- In the case of cancellation after the payment of participation fee, the below conditions will apply regardless of reason:
- Cancellation must be made through direct communication with the Committee;
- If cancellation is made 2 weeks before Event commencement, the Participant is entitled to a full refund;
- If cancellation is made 13~7 days before Event commencement, a 30% cancellation fee applies;
- If cancellation is made 6~0 days before Event commencement, a 100% cancellation fee applies.
- Refund procedure and the payment of cancellation fee will adhere to policies of Event payment service provider, Peatix Inc.
- Cancellation and requests for refund will not be accepted beyond the commencement of the Event.
Article 5（Cancellation of Registration by the Committee）
- In the case of the following instances, the Committee retains the right to cancel an application without notifying the Applicant in advance:
- In the case the provided application or registration information is fraudulent;
- In the case the Applicant has previously been suspended for violation of terms;
- In the case the Committee decides the Applicant’s participation would disrupt the Event, the Committee is not required to provide a reason;
- In the case it is discovered that the Applicant belongs to, operates in, or cooperates with organized crime groups;
- In the case the Committee decides participate of the Applicant would not be appropriate.
- The Committee is not responsible for any loss to either the Participant or Third Parties incurred by the decision to cancel an unsuitable applicant’s participation.
Article 6（Prohibited Actions）
- In participating in the Event, the Participant agrees to not conduct the following Prohibited Actions. The Committee is not responsible for any damages or inconveniences incurred by the Participant due to any Prohibited Actions. In the case the Committee subject to loss or damage due to Participant’s Prohibited Actions, the Committee is entitled to sue for damages. Prohibited Actions include:
- Actions infringing on intellectual property rights such as Event program or software provided by the Committee or a Contracted Organization;
- Actions infringing on the property, privacy or security of other Participants, the Committee or a Contracted Organization;
- Actions to discriminate against or slander other Participants, the Committee or a Contracted Organization;
- Actions to defame or injure the reputation and trust of other Participants, the Committee or a Contracted Organization;
- Pre-election or election campaigning;
- Religious, political or commercial solicitation;
- The transmission or placement of computer Virus or other harmful software and programs;
- The distribution of information and contents provided at the Event to external Third Parties;
- Actions to damage, destroy, or prevent operation of the Event, event set up, or equipment or facilities owned by the Committee or a Contracted Organization;
- Actions in violation of Event Terms and Conditions, Laws, regulations, or morals;
- Actions to cause loss, damages or disadvantages to the Committee or a Contracted Organization;
- Criminal actions, actions to facilitate or promote crime;
- Actions to fraudulently pose as Contracted Organizations, to receive and transmit information as Contracted Organizations;
- Other actions that amount to or facilitate the above actions.
- The Participant, and not the Committee, will be responsible for settling and addressing the financial burden of any conflict with external Third Parties arising from the Participant’s Prohibited Action.
- The Committee is not responsible for any damages to Participants including theft or accidents that may arise during the event. However where damage is cause by Committee’s responsibility, the participation fee may be returned as compensation.
Article 7 (Use of Personal Information and Photographs)
- Images photographed by the Committee in the duration of the event may be used in print or digital publications.
- The Committee retains the publication rights for footage, photography, articles, recordings that may be used for newspaper, magazine, and internet publications.
Article 8 (Responsibility of the Individual)
- The Participant is responsible for their use and consumption of information and programs provided by the Committee or Contracted Organizations.
- In the case the Participant is injured, disabled, pregnant, or has their capabilities otherwise impeded, participation in the program is left to the discretion of the Participant upon conferring with their doctor.
Article 9（Intellectual Property Rights）
- License concerning the copyright and trademark of intellectual property including and not limited to software, programs, content, graphic design, logo provided by the Committee and Event as reserved to Committee and assigned to contracted Organizations.
- Exempting authorized usage of licensed content for the Event, the reproduction, copying, reprinting, modification, alongside selling or redistribution of Event content partially or in its entirety is prohibited without express written consent by Committee or Contracted Organization in advance.
Article 10 （Prohibition and Limitation of Transferal of Rights and Obligations）
The Participant cannot transfer, dispose or use as collateral security, their rights or obligations as a participant to third parties by any means including name change or succession.
Article 11 (Cancellation and Postponement by Discretion of the Committee)
- The Committee may temporarily cancel or postpone the Event without notifying participants in advance in the following instances:
- Where emergency maintenance of facilities is required;
- Where emergencies such as fire or electricity stoppage prevent Event operation;
- Where Natural Disasters prevent Event operation; and
- Other instances where the Committee recognizes an inability or technological problem that prevents the operation of the Event.
- The Committee is not responsible for any damages to the Participant that may be incurred due to the temporary cancellation or postponement of the Event.
- The Committee will not refund Participant’s payment in the instance of temporary cancellation or postponement of the Event.
Article 13 （Governing Law and Jurisdiction）
- These Terms and Conditions and involved parties shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Nation of Japan without regard to principles of conflicts of laws.
- Any action concerning these Terms and Conditions shall be brought and tried in the Tokyo District Court.
16th April 2018 OPEN CITY MARUNOUCHI Operating Committee
(Amended 11th May 2018)
(Amended 3rd September 2018)